Let’s face it. Creating videos for YouTube can be a lot of fun. It’s a simple and easy way to broadcast yourself to millions of people all over the world. But getting those millions of views isn’t always so simple.
Here are some simple ideas to help make your channel become famous on YouTube.
Create Original Content
Being original is not as hard as it sounds. It just means delivering video content that you find interesting.
• Do you have an opinion? Share it!
• Do you speak another language? Use it!
• Do you like to dance, sing, or dress in costumes and tell jokes? Show it!
• Do you enjoy celebrity news? Spread it!
• Are you an expert at juggling, magic tricks or applying makeup? Prove it!
A mistake a lot of new YouTubers make is trying to create videos based on what they think will quickly become popular. Creating something brand new that the world hasn’t seen before is far more likely to go viral than something that has already been done a thousand times before.
Pay Attention to Trends
While you want to be original, you also want to take advantage of trending social media topics. Take content that people are searching for and put your own spin on it.
A good way to find out what types of things people are searching for or talking about online is by looking at trending hashtags on Twitter. Uploading a YouTube video featuring that trending topic can be a great way to have people stumble upon it with a simple Google or YouTube search. You can also share it on various social media platforms with the appropriate trending hashtags to have other users find it easily.
Just be sure when you upload your YouTube video that you include the trending topic in the title, description, and keywords to increase the chances of it being found by others.
Being told to be yourself is probably one of the most popular tidbits of advice ever shared. But when it comes to getting more views and creating a following on YouTube, it is the absolute truth. A key factor in helping make your channel become famous on YouTube is showcasing your unique personality!
It’s natural to want to emulate famous YouTubers that you admire and watch every day. But they aren’t trying to be anyone else. They are just being natural. And you should do the same.
The thing is, pretending to be something you’re not isn’t fun for very long. It gets repetitive and boring. Your viewers on YouTube are subscribing to who you are!
Be Consistent on YouTube
One thing most aspiring YouTube creators forget is how long it can take to create a short video. Sure, you might be watching a video made by a famous YouTuber that is only three minutes in length, but don’t forget that video:
1. Had to be scripted and thought out, or at the very least a topic was selected.
2. Had to be recorded in full, which included set up time, potential lighting and costume changes, and probably a series of line flubs and bloopers.
3. Was edited, which could have taken an hour or several hours.
4. Was shared and promoted on social media, to mailing lists, on blogs, in forums, and so forth.
Creating a great YouTube video takes time. If you want to commit to really being popular, it isn’t going to happen by investing only a few minutes per day or an hour each week.
You need to commit to creating an upload schedule for yourself. How often will you make videos? When will you do it? Block that time off in your schedule each week.
A good guideline when you start a new YouTube channel is to upload at least 2 new videos every week. If you have time to do more, that is great. But if you push yourself too hard, you may get discouraged. It is also worth noting that the videos on your channel should be fundamentally consistent. You will notice that many popular YouTubers stick to one type of style for videos on their channel.
Engage Your Audience
There is nothing more exciting than getting your first positive YouTube comment. But your goal isn’t to get just one comment from a user – you want to keep them interested in watching more videos!
It’s always a good idea to reply to positive comments. It makes the user feel more connected to your channel and more likely to watch your other videos. Be sure to read our article on how to engage with your viewers.
Build Your Audience
Of course you want to keep your current viewers engaged, but you will need to keep on building your audience if you really want to create a famous YouTube channel. Here are a few simple ways to do that:
• Search for YouTube forums on Google and connect with other YouTubers with interests similar to yours.
• Comment often on other YouTube videos. Leave interesting, positive comments. Just be sure not to leave spam comments encouraging other people to check out your content. That’s just annoying.
• Make more friends on social media by connecting with other users. This is especially effective if you target your efforts towards people who either upload YouTube videos of their own, or watch a lot of YouTube videos.
• Don’t be shy to ask your friends and family to watch some of your videos and help you share them. Perhaps they could forward the link in an email to other people, or post the link to your video on their own social media profiles.
A common characteristic in vlog channels that become famous on YouTube is their implementation of content collaborations. So, once you have started to build an audience of your own, connect with other YouTubers that have a similar number of fans and subscribers. Make sure you genuinely find this other YouTube creator interesting.
Whether you connect by email, Skype or social media doesn’t really matter. Ask that person if they would be interested in making a collaboration video with you. The goal is to appear in a video on their channel, and for them to appear in a video on your YouTube channel. You can each suggest to your respective viewers that they check out the content made by that other person.
As far as the collab video itself goes:
• You could agree to each create your own video, featuring a clip of the other person. Assuming you don’t live in the same city, that other person can submit the video clip to you.
• You could create a video together. If you live in the same city, pick a time and place to meet up. If you do not, you will need to write a script in advance, each record your own parts, then send each other the video files you created.
Collaboration videos are a great way to make new friends and add another creative mind to your channel. But most importantly, they are a great way to introduce yourself to a new audience!
Use the strategies and characteristics of famous YouTubers mentioned above to help you make your YouTube channel more popular starting today!
Vloggers Mailing List
Subscribe to our mailing list and get our best content for vloggers sent to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.